For Immediate Release October 21, 2011 Media Contact: Heriberto Sanchez Soto 212-563-4500 Ext 306 New York, NY, October 21, 2011 – The Hispanic AIDS Forum (HAF) announces the availability of $250,000 to assist people living with HIV/AIDS to pay their rents. In order to qualify candidates must also meet the following requirements:
- DOES NOT qualify for similar assistance provided by HASA (HIV/AIDS Services Administration).
- Must produce a medical certificate documenting an HIV/AIDS diagnosis (M11Q).
- Must reside in one of NYC’s boroughs – Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens or Staten Island.
- Must qualify as low income.
- Must agree to enroll in a Case Management Program in New York City.
- If you qualify, the program may be able to pay up to 75% of your monthly rent. The funds available are limited; applications are accepted on a first come first serve basis until funds are exhausted. For a copy of the application and other information, please call 212-563-4500.
ABOUT THE HISPANIC AIDS FORUM
HAF was established in 1985 as the first Latino organization in New York fully dedicated to addressing the needs of Latinos affected by HIV. Since then we have worked tirelessly to fight for our rights and to build a self-supporting community of gay and bisexual Latino men. We offer a variety of services and activities designed to nurture our social, physical and emotional well being, to support personal growth, and to build a stronger community. We have offices in the Bronx, Manhattan and Queens. For information about our services please visit www.hafnyc.org or call 212-563-4500 # #
Heriberto Sanchez Soto
212-563-4500 Ext 306